Just a quick update because there seems to be so much happening (at a time when things should be on vacation!).
As ever – there are PLENTY of opportunities to get involved, and all you need to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about what is going on, or to get involved!
- The gallery at the Community Center is soon to go online – this includes a hallway for 2D, and display cases for 3D. more information can be found on the cary library site via Art@Cary for anyone who wants to display, or see who is exhibiting
- Folks are beginning to think about the next Center ArtWalk for November – and hoping to get more retailers to display things in windows, and to consider an “affordable art” theme (e.g., perhaps smaller sizes?)
- ArtsOffroad organizers are already thinking about next year (believe it or not), with a focus on the bike path and inviting our neighbors from Bedford and Arlington and Cambridge to join in the fun
- The lark of having a “Wearable Art” gala (and fundraiser) has actually taken hold with some interested folks who are looking at having this event in September of 2017
- No one has actually bumped heads about what arts might find their way into the 2017 Patriots’ Day Parade- perhaps some early entries for ArtsOffroad & Wearable Art? Wouldn’t it be great if we could bring local dancers and musicians in too??
- And lastly, the Council for the Arts will be spearheading discussions about a Strategic Plan for the Arts & Culture this coming autumn. please send your thoughts about what you think Lexington’s arts & culture mean – what we should maintain and what we should build.
- Create some art for the ArtWalk 2016
- Gather up some music for the reception night of ArtWalk 2016
- Google “art bike” and craft a plan for what you would like to do for ArtsOffroad in May 2017
- Log on to facebook.com/artslexington to see what previous ArtsOffroad’s were like, and muse how you might bring your music there in May 2017
- Create some Wearable Art for the parade in April 2017, and for the gala in September!
- Talk to your friends about what the arts & culture scene should look like in a few years time, and get back to the arts council with your thoughts